Afford is proud to deliver reliable and exceptional quality supports to our communities each and every day, including during these extraordinary times. Our organisation has taken extensive measures to ensure that Afford continues to provide supports safely at this time, and we remain vigilant in our adherence to the latest Government advice and requirements.
Senior Executive COVID-19 meetings are occurring daily to ensure that Afford’s agile response to the current climate.
Some of the measures that Afford has taken to keep our clients, staff and community safe during this time include:
- Practicing social distancing
- Increased 1:1 support offerings, so as to abide by the 2-person outdoor gathering restrictions in NSW and VIC
- Increased the robust and regular commercial cleaning of facilities
- Increased and thorough protocols around sanitation and hygiene
- Temperature testing to enhance the likelihood of early detection and the protection of the Afford community
- Self-isolation for all clients and staff who feel unwell, as well as all members of the Afford community returning from overseas
- Educating clients about what the Coronavirus is, as well as explaining and facilitating concepts like social distancing and increased sanitary hygiene
Afford is committed to keeping clients, carers, families, staff, and our wider Afford community well-informed and updated as more information is released by Government and World Health authorities.
If you have questions about Afford’s response to Coronavirus, you can address these to your Team Leader.
For more information about Coronavirus, tips for keeping safe, and other helpful resources, visit www.afford.com.au/coronavirus-response